Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniregistry is open to buy your portfolio... factors influence the sale

Hi fellow members,

Yesterday in a blog post Uniregistry announced that it is open to portfolio acquisitions..

You can read the article here > https://uniregistry.com/blog/post/un...main-liquidity

And you will find an application form for sellers on the same page mentioned above, where you can submit the list of domains you want to sell...

My questions are...

-How a registrar decides the final price for a portfolio
    -What should we keep in mind before submitting names
    -What should be our asking prices (since we are selling to registrar)
    -Does anyone have any experience in this type of transaction? If yes...please share some points with community

Let's discuss and share with each other...

Thanks,
    Ravi.

Originally posted by Ravi View Post
    Hi fellow members,

Yesterday in a blog post Uniregistry announced that it is open to portfolio acquisitions..

You can read the article here > https://uniregistry.com/blog/post/un...main-liquidity

And you will find an application form for sellers on the same page mentioned above, where you can submit the list of domains you want to sell...

My questions are...

-How a registrar decides the final price for a portfolio
    -What should we keep in mind before submitting names
    -What should be our asking prices (since we are selling to registrar)
    -Does anyone have any experience in this type of transaction? If yes...please share some points with community

Let's discuss and share with each other...

Thanks,
    Ravi.
    Ravi, I will try to answer some of your questions here

1. Uni has a lot of sales data similar to Godaddy Auctions from their aftermarket to come to an average sales price.. and further offer you a reseller price quite lower than the average price.

2. We should be prepared to either expect lowball portfolio purchase offer or no offer at all, as most of our domain names will not meet their portfolio purchase requirements. Point of learning tbh :-)

3. if they have requested a sell price, you would need to do your research through various tools, my favorite is Namebio to figure out average sale price of similar keywords and quote accordingly, otherwise simply submit domain names and wait for an offer from Uni.

4. I have a massive experience in such and similar transactions as I have sold thousands of domain names, small size portfolios to BuyDomains in the year 2007-2008 at a low-end reseller rates starting anywhere around $10+, hence I suggested above in point 2 that you should be ready to expect lowball offer from the Uni team :-) You can definitely counter their offer, but they wouldnt really move 10%-20% up from their initial offer as per my experience in such deals from the past experience. Unless, you have some gems in that portfolio :-)

Would love to hear thoughts form others..
    Need help? Private message me :-)

Comment

WELCOME TO DOMAINX™ FORUM

Collapse

Since 2014, DOMAINX™ was developed to build community and provide income opportunities to aspiring Internet professionals, is now a part of multiple success stories.

Disclaimer: Views expressed by members are their own, and not those of DOMAINX™.

Collapse

widgetinstance 207 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X